Advanced Physiotherapy Practitioner - Jenny Mulvey
Every GP practice in Midlothian has an Advanced Physiotherapy Practitioner who works within the practice who you can speak to if you have a muscle, bone or joint problem. They are all highly experienced and can assess and diagnose any musculoskeletal conditions, provide you with an explanation of your condition, appropriate exercises and discuss management options. This may include referral to your local Physiotherapy department for ongoing physiotherapy, pain management advice, X-ray or referral for a specialist opinion.
Phone to ask for an appointment with the Physiotherapist.
They can help with:
- Muscle, bone or joint pain
- Back pain / Sciatica
- Neck pain / Whiplash
- Joint pain & stiffness including knee/ shoulder, wrist and hand pain and osteoarthritis
- Muscle or tendon pain e.g. tennis elbow, achilles tendon pain
- Sprains or strains e.g. knee / ankle sprain, calf strain
- Weakness / de-conditioning after injury or surgery
- Loss of confidence with movement and physical activity.
You can telephone 0131 536 1060 or visit https://www.nhsinform.scot/care-support-and-rights/nhs-services/helplines/musculoskeletal-msk-helpline
Self management resources
Visit https://www.nhsinform.scot/illnesses-and-conditions/muscle-bone-and-joints for advice on self help with musculoskeletal problems.