Some services provided are not covered under our contract with the NHS and therefore attract charges. Examples include the following:
- Medicals - please check with practice for confirmation
- Adoption/Fostering medicals
- Insurance claim forms - please note that completion of these forms may take several weeks.
- Prescriptions for taking medication abroad
- Private sick notes
- Vaccination certificates
- Signing Power of Attorney Forms - but please read our leaflet - each request is considered on an individual basis. Please note - VOCAL (Voices of Carers Across Lothian) are able to prepare Power of Attorney Forms for carers - please look at their website for further information.
The fees charged are based on the British Medical Association (BMA) suggested scales and we will be happy to advise you of them, along with appointment availability.
However, we must advise that we cannot provide the following services:
- Applications for Firearms/Shotgun certificates - The practice has made the decision to no longer fill in these forms. However, the practice is happy to facilitate a private GP or service to provide this service by providing access to your GP records as required, with your permission. Please telephone the practice to discuss this further.
- Signing passport forms
- Signing driving license photo cards.
- Signing gym membership forms.
Private GP services are available out with our practice, please click here for information regarding provision across Lothian.