IMPORTANT - Prescriptions – Temporary Change to Services Due to Covid 19
- We will no longer accept paper prescription requests.
- Instead we ask that patients request prescriptions online or via email email@example.com
- Patients who do not have access to the internet can telephone the practice with requests - please telephone after 10am.
- Patients may ask their usual pharmacy to order their medications – please ask them on the phone or in person, as they are no longer accepting paper requests either.
- Please do not come to the practice to collect your prescription.
- We will send your prescription directly to a local pharmacist.
- If you are not currently registered with a local pharmacy, please let us know which pharmacy you would like your prescription to be sent to.
- Please allow one week between requesting and collecting repeat prescriptions.
December 2019 - Emailing Prescription Requests to Our Practice
Please can all patients who email prescription requests to our practice check that they are using our current email address, which we have had since 2016 : firstname.lastname@example.org
We have been made aware that some patients may still be using our old email address, which no longer works (email@example.com).
Emails to the old address were being redirected to our new email address until November this year, but no longer are.
Please update your email address book with firstname.lastname@example.org
Urgent Prescription Policy
Due to an increasing number of requests for repeat prescriptions to be issued urgently, priority will only be given for prescriptions that cannot be missed eg diabetic medications, inhalers, angina sprays and epilepsy medication.
Most medications can safely be missed for a few days and you may be advised that your prescription will be issued routinely.
We will not issue urgent prescriptions for items that can be bought over the counter.
If your medication cannot be missed, the item will be issued as required and Reception will contact you when it is available to be collected.
Please note that in order to ensure patient safety, we do not accept any requests for medication over the telephone.
There are a variety of options for requesting your prescription:
- In person: Post your repeat slip into our letter box at our reception desk. NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE DUE TO COVID 19
Post: Post your prescription request to Strathesk Medical Practice, 109/111 High Street, Bonnyrigg, EH19 2ET. If you wish your repeat prescription to be posted back to you this can take seven working days. Please remember to enclose a stamped self addressed envelope NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE DUE TO COVID 19
Online Option One (preferred): Request your repeat medication with our access service via patient.co.uk. You must agree to our terms and conditions before you can register to make use of these services. You can download our terms and conditions to register by clicking here. You can hand your terms and conditions form in and collect your login details from our reception desk. Once you have your login details, you can register online by clicking here. Alternatively you can email your signed terms and conditions to us at email@example.com We will post your login details to you, which you will then use to activate your registration online . (We are currently unable to email your login details to you due to email security issues.) Once you are registered you can request repeat prescriptions - the website connects to your record here at the practice, but you cannot request medications that are not on your repeat list. Once you are fully registered, you can sign into the website by clicking here.
- Online Option Two : Many patients are still using our older online prescription service, which still works, but does not connect to your patient record. With this service you can still order repeat prescriptions, but you need to type in your prescription details yourself and they do not update automatically with any new prescriptions - if a prescription is discontinued, it is your responsibility to remove it from your list.
Disclaimer: Please note that this email address must only be used for prescription requests. Please do not request appointments or visits via this email address as we will not accept requests in this way.
Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays do not count as working days and please remember that unfortunately we cannot take requests over the telephone. The reason for this policy is to avoid any serious errors which could be made. However, you can email your request to us through our website or order through your usual chemist.
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to see a doctor, nurse practitioner or practice nurse at least once a year to review these regular medications and notification should appear on your repeat slip. Please ensure that you book an appropriate appointment to avoid unnecessary delays to further prescriptions.
This is just a reminder to patients regarding repeat and special prescription requests.
Please allow 48 hours (two full working days) for prescriptions to be processed
DUE TO COVID 19, PLEASE ALLOW ONE WEEK FOR YOUR REPEAT PRESCRIPTION TO BE READY
Day handed into Surgery
Day ready to collect
Monday before midday
Wednesday after 1pm
Tuesday before midday
Thursday after 1pm
Wednesday before midday
Friday after 1pm
Thursday before midday
Monday after 1pm
Friday before midday
Tuesday after 1pm
Try not to leave ordering your prescription until the last minute as this is a guideline only and computer problems/sickness/absences can cause delays. You are able to order your prescription one week in advance.