IMPORTANT - Prescriptions – Temporary Change to Services Due to Covid 19
- We will no longer accept paper prescription requests.
- Instead we ask that patients request prescriptions online or via email email@example.com
- Patients who do not have access to the internet can telephone the practice with requests - please telephone after 10am.
- Patients may ask their usual pharmacy to order their medications – please ask them on the phone or in person, as they are no longer accepting paper requests either.
- Please do not come to the practice to collect your prescription.
- We will send your prescription directly to a local pharmacist.
- If you are not currently registered with a local pharmacy, please let us know which pharmacy you would like your prescription to be sent to.
- Please allow one week between requesting and collecting repeat prescriptions.
December 2019 - Emailing Prescription Requests to Our Practice
Please can all patients who email prescription requests to our practice check that they are using our current email address, which we have had since 2016 : firstname.lastname@example.org
We have been made aware that some patients may still be using our old email address, which no longer works (email@example.com).
Emails to the old address were being redirected to our new email address until November this year, but no longer are.
Please update your email address book with firstname.lastname@example.org
Urgent Prescription Policy
Due to an increasing number of requests for repeat prescriptions to be issued urgently, priority will only be given for prescriptions that cannot be missed eg diabetic medications, inhalers, angina sprays and epilepsy medication.
Most medications can safely be missed for a few days and you may be advised that your prescription will be issued routinely.
We will not issue urgent prescriptions for items that can be bought over the counter.
If your medication cannot be missed, the item will be issued as required and available to be collected by 5.30pm.
If surgery is closed, you can take your repeat prescription counterfoil to your usual pharmacy and they can issue you with a small quantity to tide you over until your repeat prescription is issued.
Please note that in order to ensure patient safety, we do not accept any requests for medication over the telephone.
Special Medication Requests
Special prescriptions - Special Requests which are not on your Repeat Printout can take up to 5 days as these may have to wait for your regular doctor to authorise. Please also be aware that the Doctor may not issue your request and you could be asked to make a routine appointment to discuss
You may request a prescription in the following ways:
- In person: Fill in a special request form (copies at reception) and post it into our letter box at reception. NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE DUE TO COVID 19
- Post: You may choose to post your prescription request. If you wish your prescription to be posted back to you this can take at least seven working days. Please remember to enclose a stamped addressed envelope. NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE DUE TO COVID 19
- Fax: 0131 322 9300
- Online: Follow the link at the top of this page for special medication requests (not repeat medication requests) or click here to complete a simple registration.
- Email: email@example.com
- Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays do not count and please remember that unfortunately we cannot take requests over the telephone. The reason for this policy is to avoid any serious errors which could be made. However, you can email your request to us through our website, order through your usual chemist or even fax your request to us.